Cooling, delicious yogurt ice comes in several flavours, including vanilla, orange and lemon, and is the perfect, lighter summer alternative to traditional ice cream. Use a really sweet, juicy pineapple and fresh, pungent basil to add plenty of vibrant colour and exotic flavour.
MAKES 2 GLASSES
25g / 1oz fresh basil, plus extra sprigs to decorate
4 large scoops vanilla, lemon- or orange- flavoured yogurt ice
Icing (confectioners’) sugar, for dusting
- Remove the basil leaves from the stems and tear them into small pieces.
- Cut away the skin from the pineapple, then halve the fruit and remove the core.
- Chop the flesh into chunks. Push the pineapple through a juicer with the basil. Chill until ready to serve.
- Pour the juice into 2 glasses and add two scoops of yogurt ice to each.
- Decorate with basil sprigs and dust lightly with icing sugar.
Nutritional information per portion:
Energy 353 kcal / 1488 kj